The modern non-contact method of brain research is MRI of the Brain. It uses radio waves and a magnetic field to transmit a signal to the computer that allows you to assess the brain’s state. It is important that MRI of brain can be used to assess the health and condition of both soft tissues as well as blood vessels.
What is the best time to have an MRI?
MRI of the brain is performed to detect or confirm a wide range of diseases. During an MRI examination, the doctor can see a detailed image of your brain and assess its condition.
Sometimes, MRI diagnosis may be required to confirm or refute the diagnosis.
– Acute or constant headaches.
– There is a constant or periodic noise in the ears
– There is weakness and numbness at the extremities.
– there is a deterioration of memory;
– fainting occurs periodically;
– the person is disoriented;
– There was a craniocerebral injury.
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI of the brain
In order to see the brain more clearly, a contrast is used, which is introduced into the human body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to Use
MRI of the brain is the safest procedure, but some people do not do it: if they have a pacemaker, a hemostatic clip in the brain or metal implants.
Also, it is worth quitting MRIs when:
– the presence of cochlear implants;
– decompensated heart failure;
– the presence of tattoos created on a metal basis;
Installed crowns and braces
How is the MRI examination
The examination begins with the preparation: it is necessary to remove all metal objects and remove the phone.
After the patient is placed on the table, and a device is fixed on the head, which will send and receive radio waves. MRI is performed for 30-60 minutes, depending on the department and the presence of contrast in the body.
The doctor receives many layer-by-layer images of the brain, on the basis of which he makes a conclusion and confirms or denies the diagnosis.
For more info about MRI of the brain go this internet page: click for more